While most enthusiasts say that CrossFit isn’t about appearance, you can lose weight with CrossFit by following 5 Rules:
- Limit How Much You Eat: Crossfit is intense and will make you incredibly hungry, but don’t out eat the calories you just burned. No matter how much or hard you exercise, losing weight is impossible if you are eating more calories than you are burning. Try some resources to calculate weight loss calories and stick to it.
- Eat the Right Things: 30% of your calories should come from carbs and you should eat 1 gram of protein a day for every pound you weigh. The rest comes from healthy fats. There are tons of free apps (like MyFitnessPal).
- Use Intermittent Fasting: Choose an 8-12 hour window to eat 3-4 meals, and then don’t eat during the other hours of the day. Most people choose 8 hours and don’t eat for the other 16. Or you can start by eating from 8 am – 8 pm and gradually shorten the window. The science behind intermittent fasting is pretty simple. If food is the body’s fuel, and fat is the stored fuel, then working the body hard while giving it less fuel means it has to use the stored fuel more often. There’s also research that says intermittent fasting improves the immune system, heart, brain, and reduces the risk of cancer.
- Avoid Too Much CrossFit: Intense exercise like CrossFit produces cortisol, a stress hormone that slows weight loss and muscle growth. For best results, do 3 days/week of Crossfit, and 2 days of stretching with some slow running. If you’re not a fan of running, try a free guided run. Exercising less to burn more fat may sound odd, but doing the right amount of the right stuff produces the best-quickest results. If the body always feels stressed, it’s going to resist burning fat stores.
- Take 2 Rest Days: The majority of fat loss and all muscle growth happens after a workout, not during. Exercising and muscle repair boosts your metabolism for hours and burns way more than you ever could in the gym. Not to mention that bigger muscles burn more calories just by existing. So give your body time to do its thing. Plus, not resting is a great way to get hurt, and end up in physical therapy where you will lose all your progress.
Tree House Recovery For Men is an addiction facility with the highest success rate in California and part of our approach is healing the body with vigorous exercise and proper nutrition. At the finish line, our graduates no longer want to use drugs. To learn more read client reviews, look at our success rates, or contact us 24/7: (855) 202-2138. The people who answer are Tree House graduates and can answer any questions about the program.